Brand Ambassador Rules
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be in the US
- Please don’t comment with your Ambassador code on any The Crystal Elephant social media posts or channels (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Don’t add your code to any The Crystal Elephant posts
- Don’t add your code or link to coupon sites
- Don’t add your code or link to shopping ads from google, facebook, etc.
Please read our ambassador terms and conditions carefully before you join our program or begin marketing our program. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legalese to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by ambassadors. Each ambassador is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. ambassador terms and conditions are subject to change. Thank you.
As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “We”, “us”, or “our” refers to The Crystal Elephant and our website; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the ambassador; (iii) “our website” refers to the The Crystal Elephant properties located at www.thecrystalelephant.com; (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to the The Crystal Elephant Ambassador Program.
After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. Please allow up to 48 hours for your application to be reviewed. We reserve the right to reject any application, however we encourage you to contact us if you feel we have made an incorrect decision. Including all of the websites that you use in your profile will help us make a better decision.
Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of ambassador commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the ambassador interface. Your acceptance in our program means you agree to and abide by the following.
- You will only use linking code obtained from the ambassador interface without manipulation.
- All domains that use your ambassador link must be listed in your ambassador profile.
- Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the ambassador link is placed.
MID-CHECKOUT COMMISSION REDUCTION & OVERWRITE RULE
The Crystal Elephant uses a dynamic pixel system that may make changes to the standard commission in the case of a mid-checkout referral, which is defined as a cookie that is set within a set amount of time prior to the purchase. By reducing our commission on these types of referrals and by closely monitoring the quality of traffic we receive from each ambassador, we will be able to pay out higher commissions for driving new customers and traffic. This logic also gives full credit to the first referring ambassador in the case that a second ambassador enters within a set amount of time prior to the purchase. Mid-checkout commission and overwrite rules are subject to change.
TRANSACTION LOCK DATES
All sales will remain in a “sales pending period” and will not lock until 30 days following the date of the transaction. All payments will be processed on the 15th of the month following the lock date.
Don’t add your code or link to shopping ads from google, facebook, etc.
If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the ambassador program.
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (ie first time customers only) will result in removal from the program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the ambassador click by revealing the code(s).
- You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from any non-ambassador marketing channel, including coupon codes from our email, paid search or any other non-ambassador advertising campaigns.
- You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if all items on the site have free shipping over $50, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from your site to get this deal.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your ambassador links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post, “25% off sale at The Crystal Elephant through Wednesday with code crystalelephant25.”
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your ambassador links on The Crystal Elephant’ Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into ambassador sales.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with The Crystal Elephant’ trademarked company name.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes The Crystal Elephant’ trademark in the page name and/or username.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
The Crystal Elephant takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our ambassador. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact with information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, then we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders, set your commission to 0% or suspend you from the program for the period or orders in question. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however it is incumbent upon each ambassador to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to proactively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
You must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where ambassador links for our ambassador program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the ambassador management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
- Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. disclosure should be visible before the jump).
- Pop-up, hover state and button disclosures are prohibited.
- Disclosure policy applies to all social media, even when space is restricted (e.g., tweets)
- Disclosures should be made in the same medium as the claim (e.g. video, text)
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC’s “Dot Com Disclosures” Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf (example 21) and the FTC’s Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements
If you engage in so called “native advertising”, you further agree to comply with the FTC’s Enforcement Policy Statement on Deceptively Formatted Advertisements at https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/896923/151222deceptiveenforcement.pdf and the related guidelines.
© 2020 The Crystal Elephant LLC